Saturday, April 25, 2020

Assignment 30A - Final Reflection

1.) Looking back through all of my assignments, I would have to say that the most formative experience I've had in the class by far would be the elevator pitches. I remember seeing it three times in the list of upcoming assignments and I remember really dreading it and really not looking forward to it. It taught me how to be more open on camera and how to communicate my ideas more coherently. The experience I think I'd still remember year's later, believe it or not, is the bug list. The serial-position effect makes it easier to remember items at the beginning and end of a list, and I surely don't think I'll be remembering this reflection. The most joyous experience I've had in this class was live-interviewing my ex-girlfriend, that was pretty fun. The experience I am most proud of myself for accomplishing would be my venture concept since it was very comprehensive and well thought out and I really believe that I included a lot of conclusive details in that post.

2.) Now, at the end of this course, I would definitely see myself as an entrepreneur. With the way the class was structured, I think it would be really difficult not to have further developed an entrepreneurial mindset. All the assignments and lectures were very relevant to the class itself and I really believe that it helped shape the way I think and view the immediate world around me.

3.) One recommendation to students going down this path in the future is to definitely take your bug list seriously and to take some serious time reflecting before you chose the one opportunity working on all semester. I feel that if your initial idea isn't as wholesome or complete, it would be very difficult to think of more things and advance with your idea further down the line. In order to best perform on this course, I would suggest that these students don't get caught behind and also not to get too comfortable since the class is structured very consistently with no upcoming exams! The most vital recommendation I have pertaining to this consistency is to set alarms every Thursday and Sunday night! I would recommend they stop procrastinating now to start fostering and developing this mindset.

4.)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam,
    Great reflection here as it seems you've put in a lot of effort of looking back at the class. I think interviewing my ex-girlfriend would definitely be the highlight of this class had I done it for one of my interviews. The elevator pitch for me was also very interesting. I agree with your statement that this class affected the way that I envision the world around me. I would also take my bug list seriously if I was an incoming student, nice job.
    Best,
    Reed Blevins

    ReplyDelete