1) Identify the exit strategy you plan to make. Do you intend to sell your business in the next 5 years for a large return? Do you intend to stay with the business for several decades and retire? Do you intend to protect the venture as a family business, and pass it down to your children?
I plan to use this business as a source of passive income so that my investment can eventually pay off. That being said, I plan to stay in the business for at least 2 decades since I don't think there can be anything that can serve as tough competition for my parking garages. After at least 2 decades, I plan to sell my parking garages.
2) Why have you selected this particular exit strategy?
The reason I selected this particular exit strategy is because I want to make a passive income for my investment since a parking garage is only something that will pay off over many years. Thus, after two decades, I am sure to make a sizable amount of profit to the point where I can then sell my garages and earn a lot of money from it. After two decades, I will be in my 40s so I feel as if that is a good time to cash out and start living my life to the fullest with all the money I have acquired.
3) How do you think your exit strategy has influenced the other decisions you've made in your concept? For instance, has it influenced how you have identified an opportunity? Has it influenced your growth intentions or how you plan to acquire and use resources?
Since I plan to keep my garages for at least 2 decades, it has influenced my decision to invest a lot into them and to equip them with the most advanced technology possible for a parking garage. The reason for this is because I want my investment to be as good as possible if I'm going to have it around for 20 years or so. It would likely make it an even more profitable source of passive income since I could charge a small extra premium for every person that parks for the convenience.
Hi Sam,
ReplyDeleteI think it is cool that you plan to stick with your company for a good amount of time. Two decades sounds like a good enough time to solidify your brand and end up selling it for a good amount of money in the end. I like the idea of putting all you can into them while you own it because I think that the turn over in profit from it once you sell it would be worth it. Nice exit strategy.
Best,
Reed Blevins