Friday, March 13, 2020

Assignment 16A - What's Your Secret Sauce?

1.) I'm always cracking jokes about the most random stuff and possess the ability to make people laugh. 
2.) I am very easy to talk to and personable. People can come to me if they're having problems and I make sure to keep a keen ear out for what they have to say and try to help as best I can.
3.) I am very socially outgoing and am good at starting and holding conversations. I'm able to talk and have nice and meaningful conversation with just about anyone.
4.) I am very creative in terms of conceptual and abstract thinking. I love solving riddles and playing brain games that challenge my brain since I firmly believe you have got to keep the brain very active daily.
5.) My expansive knowledge about the stock market could be considered human capital. I am very proficient at analyzing trends using a wide array of indicators as well as technical analysis.

Interview 1: My first interview was with my roommate Kevin that I have known since high school. He says that what makes me very different is how outgoing I am and how I can talk to literally anyone with confidence.


Interview 2: My second interview was with my other roommate's girlfriend, Kassandra, who I've known for a bit over a year now. She says that what makes me different is how much of a peoples person I am, how comfortable I am with people, and how naturally smart I am


Interview 3: My third interview was with my ex-girlfriend, who surprisingly didn't have too many good things to say. She states that one of the things that makes me different is the way I carry myself, how I can talk to literally anything and be entertained.


Interview 4: My third interview was with one of my fraternity pledge-brothers, Marcos. He states that what makes me different is that I am resourceful and relatable, and that it is very easy to get along with me.


Interview 5: My fifth interview was with another one of my close pledge-brothers. When asked what makes me different, he states that I always do what I want contrary to the norm such as the way I carry myself and dress.

Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/user-513397407/interview-5-jordan                                                                                                                                                                
Reflecting on the differences: Based on the five different interviews I conducted, it seems as if people feel the same way about me as I do about myself. Each and every interview at list hit one point that was on my list if not more. The only difference was in my fourth interview, in which Marcos states that I am very relatable and resourceful, which is not a way I've really felt about myself before. Going back to my list in the first part of this assignment, I still would not change anything about my list since I feel like it reflects five key points that sets me apart from other people and that they are all equally true and important. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam,
    It seems that you have very valuable communications skills and are quite good and making conversation. This could prove to be helpful as you go along in life as it is a rare and essential attribute. I enjoyed listening to your interviews and found the one with your ex to be especially entertaining. I agree with your reflection that people seem to view you quite similarly to how you see yourself and I believe that is a good thing as it shows you have a transparent personality.
    Best,
    Reed Blevins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam,
    I like how you are able to communicate with just about anyone and are considered a people person. In this way we are quite alike. I also enjoyed seeing how you valued humor as one of your human capital because it truly is important when connecting with other people. It is good that you would not change your list since it means you know what your greatest strengths are.
    All the best,
    Luis

    ReplyDelete