Who I Am
I am a second year finance major with an economics minor. For as long as could remember, my favorite hobby has been trading stocks, securities and cryptocurrencies and thus, have a lot of experience doing so. I aspire to make a comfortable living being the boss out of my own business. If I were to start my business idea to improve the parking situation in Gainesville, I believe it would have a major impact on my life. The business idea is very solid and would be much needed in the region, and I would fully expect it to generate a significant amount of revenue that would help me live comfortably. The only setback would be the large sum of contributed capital that would have to be invested in the business which I am not financially prepared for.
What I am offering to customers
The service I would be offering to those in Gainesville is convenient parking in locations that are tight on spots and that have a large influx of vehicles. The idea would be to buy out single leveled parking lots in busy areas, build them upwards, and charge a minimal fee for parking year round or offer a subscription to the various parking garages around the city for an especially low monthly price. These garages would be advanced and would track the amount of spots available at a given moment in time. The garages would also be interconnected and displayed on an app to provide customers with the nearest available parking spot at a moments notice. This would help people in need of parking to quickly find an available spot nearby.
Who am I offering it to
My service would be ideally offered to anyone who owns a car in Gainesville and who has trouble finding parking. This would apply to mostly students who live off campus but customers would vary in age and demographics.
Why do they care
The people I am offering my service to would care about using my service since there are gonna be times where they're not gonna be able to find any parking spots near them and the only thing available would be my garage so they would inevitably be attracted to the nearest parking. This would be especially pertinent during game-day weekends where no one is able to find parking.
My core competencies
What makes my business idea so different from all related concepts is the fact that my business is taking parking to the next level and is offering the most technologically efficient and advanced way to find quick, easy, and convenient parking in a city where parking is a luxury! All available parking garages would be available on my app and since it tracks the amount of free spots in each garage, it would be so simple to locate a spot nearby. Meanwhile, the alternative is manually driving around the busy city with unlimited parking restrictions just to try to find a spot.
Compatibility of elements
To be quite frank, I never really thought this idea was viable and as good as it was until I just pieced together all the elements at once just now for this assignment. I feel like my idea is actually so different from anything else around and it would offer a different parking experience for people living or even visiting the city from out of town. All the components fit with each other so well and I don't feel like there are any aspects that are especially out of joint with the others. The only set back for the idea would be the large start-up cost to construct the parking garages but aside from that, I feel as if everything is well planned out and everything fits together nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment